Proudly supported by
For a sophisticated, and summery take on the ice-cream sandwich, try this mango and passionfruit pulp version. They'e fast to prep and make a very cool snack.
1 ½ x 200 g packets lattice biscuits (30 biscuits)
2 litre tub vanilla ice-cream
2 small ripe mangoes (500g), peeled and chopped
¼ cup fresh passionfruit pulp
1 ¼ cups shredded coconut, toasted
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above pan edges.
- Arrange half the biscuits, glazed-side up over the base of prepared pan, leaving a small space between each biscuit.
- Slightly soften ice-cream in a large bowl at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, process mangoes in a food processor until smooth. You will need 1 cup of puree.
- Beat ice-cream with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in mango puree and passion fruit pulp until just combined. Spoon over biscuits in pan. Smooth over top. Arrange remaining biscuits, glazed-side up over top. Freeze, covered, overnight.
- Lift frozen slice from pan onto a chopping board. Cut into squares. Working with one ice-cream sandwich at a time, press two sides into shredded coconut.