1.5 kg small sweet potatoes, peeled, quartered lengthways
Salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
Cooking oil spray
100 g baby rocket leaves
¾ cup pecans, toasted
⅓ cup maple syrup
¼ cup brown sugar
3 small sprigs rosemary
75 g butter
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Season with salt. Bring to boil. Gently boil, uncovered, for 2 minutes, or until just tender but still firm. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, make syrup by combining all ingredients in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray two roasting pans with cooking oil. Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer in pans. Pour over syrup. Toss gently. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C), turning twice during cooking, for 40 minutes.
- Arrange three-quarters of the rocket on a large platter. Top with sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with pecans and remaining rocket.