½ cup maple syrup
½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
1 cup natural almonds
½ cup pistachios
½ cup macadamia halves
½ cup unsalted roasted cashews
½ cup shredded coconut
Glass jars and Christmas ribbon, to decorate
- Line a large roasting pan with baking paper.
- Combine syrup, sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Mix well. Add nuts and coconut. Stir until evenly coated. Spread mixture in an even layer over base of prepared pan.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C), stirring every 10 minutes, for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown and dry.
- Remove from oven. Cool completely in pan. Break into chunks. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. (Can be made up to one month ahead.)
- To give as gifts, divide among glass jars. Tie with Christmas ribbon.