4 x 150 g fresh skinless salmon fillets, bones removed
⅓ cup walnuts
½ cup maple syrup
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp soy sauce
steamed carrots, to serve
steamed broccolini, to serve
800 g potatoes, peeled and chopped
25 g butter, chopped
4 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- Cook potatoes in a stockpot of boiling water until tender. Drain.
- Melt butter in same stockpot over a high heat. Return potatoes to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add onions. Cook, stirring, for a further minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add salmon. Cook for 2 minutes, then turn over. Sprinkle nuts around salmon. Cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes, or until salmon is cooked to your liking. Remove from pan. Cover to keep warm.
- Add syrup, mustard and sauce to pan. Bring to boil, stirring. Gently boil for a further minute, or until slightly thickened and glossy. Remove from heat.
- Serve salmon with sauce, potatoes and steamed vegetables.