1 Tbsp whisky
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp thyme
1 Tbsp no-added-salt tomato paste
juice 1 lemon
300 g pork fillet, trimmed of fat
2 corn cobs, husk removed, wrapped in foil
olive oil cooking spray
90 g coleslaw mix
½ red capsicum, cut into thin strips
50 g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
¼ small red onion, cut into thin slivers
1 Tbsp 97% fat-free mayonnaise
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Combine whisky, vinegar, sugar, thyme, tomato paste and half the lemon juice in a shallow dish. Add the pork and turn to coat. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat a barbecue grill on medium. Add corn to barbecue. Cook for 20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until cooked.
- Meanwhile, drain the pork, reserving marinade. Spray pork with cooking spray and add to barbecue. Cook for 7-8 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with reserved marinade, for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside.
- Combine coleslaw mix, capsicum, mushrooms and onion in a bowl. Whisk mayonnaise, remaining lemon juice, oil and mustard. Toss into salad and toss to combine.
- Slice pork thickly and diagonally and serve with corn and salad.