5 Mars bars
125 g butter
1 ½ tbsp golden syrup
4 cups puffed rice cereal
400 g milk chocolate
- Line a 28cm x 18cm slice tray with non-stick baking paper. Make sure you leave some baking paper hanging over the sides to help you remove the slice once it has set.
- Roughly chop 4 Mars Bars into small pieces and place them into a medium saucepan along with the butter and golden syrup. Stir over a low heat until all of the ingredients have melted and combined, about 2-3 minutes.
- Place the puffed rice cereal into a large bowl and pour over the melted ingredients. Mix together and pour into a slice tray. Use the back of a spoon to spread the Mars Bar slice and press it firmly into the tray.
- Slice the extra Mars Bar into small pieces and set aside.
Place the milk chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and cook on high for 2 x 30-second spurts (mixing in between) until the chocolate has just melted. If your chocolate is still a little solid, cook it for a further 20 seconds.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the slice and decorate with the extra pieces of Mars Bar.
- Place the Mars Bar slice into the fridge for approximately 4 hours to set before cutting into small pieces to enjoy.