150 g butter, chopped into small cubes
2 ½ cups self-raising flour
⅓ cup cocoa powder
⅔ cup caster sugar
1 ½ cup milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
5 x 53 g Mars bars, roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 190°C and line 1 ½ muffin trays (18 holes) with paper cases.
- Place butter into a microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 30 second spurts on high until it has just melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Sift the self-raising flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl, and stir through the caster sugar.
- Add the milk, eggs and vanilla to a small bowl and whisk together.
- Pour the milk mixture, along with the cooled melted butter, into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Gently mix until the ingredients have almost combined.
- Add the Mars Bar pieces and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and place into the oven to bake for 18-20 minutes.