3 weet-bix crushed
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup self-raising flour
½ cup brown sugar firmly packed
175 g unsalted butter melted
2 tbsp toasted coconut flakes to serve
1 tbsp powdered gelatine
½ cup water
1 cup caster sugar
- Grease a lamington pan (19cm x 30cm). Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Combine Weet-Bix, coconut, flour and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in butter until combined. Press over base of prepared pan.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove. Cool in pan.
- To make marshmallow topping, sprinkle gelatine over 2 tblsps of the water in a small heatproof jug. Stand jug in a small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until dissolved. Remove from pan.
- Meanwhile, place sugar and remaining water in a large bowl of an electric mixer. Using the whisk attachment, beat on high speed for 4 minutes. With motor operating, gradually add gelatine mixture in a thin, steady stream. Beat for a further 8 minutes, or until mixture is thick and fluffy.
- Spoon over cooled base. Smooth over top. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Stand at room temperature until set.
- To serve, using baking paper as a guide, lift slice from pan. Cut into rectangular slices.