1 sheet ready-to-roll frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
1 tbsp butter, melted
½ cup caster sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
300 ml thickened cream
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp icing sugar mixture sifted plus extra to serve
1 tsp vanilla essence
250 g mascarpone
½ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Brush pastry sheet with melted butter. Combine 2 tbsp of the caster sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle over pastry. Roll up tightly.
- Cut pastry roll into 12 pieces. Put pastry pieces, 1 at a time, between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll out to 2mm thick.
- Cut out rounds using a 6cm biscuit cutter and transfer to prepared tray, leaving 3cm between each. Top with a sheet of non-stick paper and a second oven tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until deep golden and crisp. Uncover and bake for a further 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, put remaining sugar in a small saucepan over a high heat and cook, without stirring, until a deep caramel. Add ½ of the cream and simmer, stirring, for 30 seconds or until smooth. Whisk in butter.