- Choose quality noodles
They are the hero of the dish so it’s important to not compromise on quality. I recommend the MAGGI FUSIAN Soupy Noodle range as they are quick, easy and packed with authentic Asian flavours making them the perfect base for warm, hearty dishes.
- Enrich the base flavour
Generally, we all use water for instant noodles, but I like to amp it up by adding bone broth or a flavoursome stock instead of water. This creates a deeper and complex flavour profile to the soup.
- Personalise with your favourite vegetables and herbs
Be creative with your choice of toppings, experiment with different vegetables and herbs to enhance the flavour. Some of my go-to toppings include chilli, bean sprouts, coriander, shiitake mushrooms and kimchi. Otherwise, using garlic and onion creates aroma oils which add another layer of flavour to amplify the dish.
- Season, season, season
When you are mixing different ingredients, it is super important to maintain a balance in your noodles. Don’t underestimate the power of a pinch of salt, some lime juice or a bit of soy sauce to marry all the flavours in your noodles together.
- Add extra spice and crunch
I love spicy foods, so I’m always looking for ways to bring some extra heat to my noodles. Lately, I’ve been really enjoying the MAGGI FUSIAN Thai Tom Yum Noodles. I add some fresh chilli to amp up the spice and some bean sprouts or blanched chopped up Chinese Broccoli to give a crunchy element.
Tom Yum Noodle Soup with Spicy Pork Mince, Pork Rind and Fresh Herbs
Lemongrass fried pork mince:
5cm stalk of lemongrass
1 clove of garlic, roughly chopped
100g Pork mince (can use chicken instead)
1 Tbsp Grapeseed oil
1/4 tsp Fish sauce
1/2 tsp Juice of lime
1/2 tsp Thai chilli powder
300g Chicken bone broth
1 MAGGI FUSIAN Soupy Noodle Thai Tom Yum
1 tsp Crushed peanuts
2 small green chilli, chopped
Lemongrass pork mince
Wedge of lime
- Add oil to a large pot/wok and heat over high heat.
- Add in the pork mince with the lemongrass and garlic and cook until pork begins to caramelise lightly and breaks up into smaller pieces.
- Squeeze in lime juice with the fish sauce and the chilli powder, once fragrant remove the pork into another bowl and set aside.
- In the same pot add in chicken bone broth and bring to a simmer, add in the seasoning of the MAGGI FUSIAN Soupy Noodles Thai Tom Yum then the noodles.
- Once noodles are almost cooked, add in the fish balls then allow to bring to a boil.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and then add in all the other condiments along and serve with some herbs and vegetables like coriander and beansprouts.