cooking oil spray
50 g fresh linguine
½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
½ red onion, finely sliced
½ large red capsicum, chopped
40 g cherry bocconcini, chopped
50 g semi-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
8 Kalamata olives, pitted, finely chopped
finely grated zest ½ lemon
¼ cup basil
3 free-range eggs, lightly whisked
Freshly ground black pepper
½ baby gem lettuce
¼ small avocado, sliced
1 large tomato, cut into small wedges
½ cup basil
- Preheat oven to 170°C (fanforced). Spray 2 x 7.5cm (base measurement) pie plates with cooking spray.
- Cook the pasta in a small saucepan of boiling water, following pack instructions, or until al dente. Drain well and rinse under cold water. Cut into small pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium. Add onion and capsicum to pan and cook, stirring often, for 5-6 minutes or until onion softens. Transfer to pasta bowl and set aside to cool for 10 minutes
- Add bocconcini, tomatoes, olives, lemon zest, basil and eggs to pasta. Season with pepper and toss well to combine. Divide mixture between pie plates, pressing down into plates with a spoon. Bake for 25 minutes or until the pies are set and golden brown.
- To make the salad, toss lettuce, avocado, tomato and basil in a large bowl. Divide between serving plates. Remove pies from plates and, if desired, top with extra basil leaves. Serve with salad.