200 g arrowroot milk biscuits
125 g butter
¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbsp golden syrup
120 g flaked almonds
2 blocks 200 g chocolate hazelnut bar
1 tsp coconut oil
- Line a 28 x 18cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Crush the biscuits using a food processor or rolling pin until they have broken into small pieces and set aside.
- Place the butter, condensed milk and golden syrup into a large saucepan and cook over a low heat for 3-4 minutes, or until the butter has melted and the ingredients have combined. Remove from heat.
- Add the crushed biscuits and flaked almonds to the saucepan and mix to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the slice tin and press down with the back of a spoon until the surface is smooth.
Break the hazelnut chocolate into pieces and place it along with the coconut oil into a microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 30-second spurts until the chocolate has almost melted and then stir. Pour the melted chocolate over the slice and place into the fridge for 2 hours or until the chocolate has set.
- Carefully remove the slice from the tin and cut into pieces to serve.