3 egg whites, at room temperature
¾ cup caster sugar
Raspberry ripple cream
1½ cups frozen raspberries
2 tbsp caster sugar
300 ml tub thickened cream
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Trace 30 x 4½cm circles onto two sheets baking paper. Lightly grease two large oven trays. Place paper on trays with trace-side facing down.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tblsp at a time, beating until dissolved and mixture is thick and glossy.
- Divide mixture evenly among circles. Spread to edges. Use a teaspoon to form nests.
- Cook in a very slow oven (120C) for about 40 minutes, or until firm to touch. Turn off oven. Cool meringues in oven, with door ajar, for about 1 hour. Remove.
- To make cream, combine berries and sugar in a saucepan. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Gently boil for 2 minutes. Transfer to a blender. Blend until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve over a bowl. Discard seeds. Cool completely.
- Beat cream and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add raspberry mixture. Gently fold twice only and don’t stir.
- Just before serving, spoon cream onto meringues.