1 tblsp oil
1 onion finely chopped
2 tsps smoked paprika
1 tsp mexican chilli powder
2 tsps ground cumin
1 red capsicum finely chopped
2 garlic cloves crushed
500 g chicken mince
1 tblsp tomato paste
400 g can diced tomatoes
1 cup water (250 ml)
400 g can red kidney beans drained
1 carrot peeled, grated
salt and pepper, to taste
12 flour tortillas
olive oil spray
2 cups grated cheddar cheese (240 g)
1 avocado sliced to serve
1 Lebanese cucumber chopped to serve
1 cup sour cream to serve
1 fresh red chilli sliced to serve
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add onion, spices, capsicum and garlic. Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add mince. Cook, stirring, for about 5 to 6 minutes, or until mince starts to brown.
- Add tomato paste, tomatoes, water, beans and carrot. Bring to boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 6 to 7 minutes, or until the mixture thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray both sides of tortillas with oil spray. Cook, one at a time, in a heated grill pan for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until hot. Transfer to an oven tray. Cover with foil. Place in a slow oven (150C) to keep warm.
- Place half the tortillas on a bench. Spread evenly with mince mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with remaining tortillas.
- To serve, top with avocado, Lebanese cucumber and sour cream. Garnish with sliced red chilli and coriander sprigs.