3 corn cobs, husks removed
2 green capsicums, cut into 5 cm pieces
1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp taco seasoning mix
8 x 25cm-long metal skewers
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 small red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- Boil, steam or microwave corn until tender. Cool slightly. Cut through stems into 3cm-wide rings. Place in a bowl with capsicum, onion and oil. Sprinkle with seasoning. Toss to coat evenly.
- Thread corn, capsicum and onion alternately onto skewers.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add skewers in two batches. Cover with lid. Cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes. Remove lid. Cook for a further 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mash avocado. Stir in juice. Sprinkle with chilli.
- Serve kebabs with avocado.