2 onions, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 kg Australian premium beef mince
1 ½ cups fresh breadcrumbs
½ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
¼ cup Mexican seasoning
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 ½ cups shredded three cheese blend
Salt and pepper, to taste
250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
2 avocados, chopped
½ cup fresh coriander leaves
1 tbsp lime juice
- Lightly oil a 14cm x 24cm large loaf pan. Line base and two sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above pan edges.
- Heat an oiled, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until soft. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool.
- Add mince, breadcrumbs, coriander, seasoning, egg and 1 cup of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 45 minutes. Sprinkle over remaining cheese. Cook for a further 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Stand in pan for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make salsa by combining all ingredients in a bowl.
- Transfer meatloaf to a serving plate. Spoon over salsa.