6 chicken thigh cutlets, trimmed (1.5kg)
1 tbsp harissa spice blend
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 ½ cups chicken stock
¼ cup lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 ½ cups couscous
⅓ cup dried apricots, thinly sliced
⅓ cup slivered almonds, toasted
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Rub both sides of cutlets with seasoning.
- Heat an oiled, medium flameproof roasting pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Turn.
- Add onion and garlic to pan. Pour over combined stock and juice. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove pan from oven. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add couscous to cooking juices in pan. Stir to combine. Top with chicken, skin-side up. Cover pan with foil. Stand for about 5 to 8 minutes, or until pan juices are absorbed by couscous. Stir in apricots and almonds.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.