2 cups self-raising flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
½ cup traditional rolled oats
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
½ cup vegetable oil
½ cup Greek yoghurt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Extra rolled oats, for sprinkling
Fresh fruit, to serve (optional)
- Grease an 8-hole mini loaf pan (½-cup capacity).
- Combine sifted flour and cinnamon with sugar and oats in a large bowl. Add combined bananas, oil, yoghurt and eggs. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined (don’t over-mix).
- Divide mixture evenly among prepared pan holes. Sprinkle with extra oats.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked when tested. Stand in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve banana breads warm, or cold with fresh fruit.