150 g dark chocolate, chopped
½ cup thickened cream
4 small ripe bananas
⅓ cup crushed peanuts
2 tbsp hundreds and thousands
12 jarred maraschino cherries with stems, well-drained
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- Place chocolate in a medium, heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stand for 2 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Beat cream in a small bowl of an electric mixer until firm peaks form.
- Peel bananas. Trim ends. Cut each into 3cm pieces.
- Place peanuts onto a plate. Working with one piece of banana at a time, dip one end in chocolate then peanuts. Place chocolate-side facing up on prepared tray. Refrigerate until set.
- Transfer banana pieces, chocolate-side down, onto a serving plate. Place cream into a small piping bag fitted with a 2cm star nozzle. Pipe a rosette on top of each one. Sprinkle with hundreds and thousands. Top with cherries.