8 (384g packet) red quinoa wraps (see tip, below)
650 g king prawns, peeled, deveined, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
2 medium avocados
1 tbsp lime juice or lemon juice
2 limes, cut into wedges, to serve
1 large Roma tomato, quartered lengthways, seeded
½ large Lebanese cucumber, quartered lengthways, seeded
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
2 tbsp chopped coriander
Fiery jerk seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion salt
1 tsp ground allspice
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp Mexican chilli powder
2 tsp brown sugar
1 pinch ground cloves
½ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Use an 8cm cutter to cut out 4 rounds from each wrap. Place 4 stacks of 4 rounds each on a heatproof plate. Microwave on high for 10-15 seconds until soft and pliable. Fold in half firmly, then drape in rows along the bars of a grill tray wire rack.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until light golden and crisp. Carefully remove hot shells from tray. If some shells are not wide enough to fill, gently open a little while still hot. Set aside to cool. Repeat with remaining rounds. These can be baked up to 1 week ahead and stored loosely packed in an airtight container.
- To make fiery jerk seasoning, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle 1½ tablespoons of the seasoning over prawns and toss until evenly combined. Store leftover seasoning for a later use.
- To make salsa, cut tomato and cucumber into 5mm-thick strips. Finely chop both and put in a small bowl with thyme and coriander. Stir until combined and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook prawns, stirring, for 8 minutes or until prawns are cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Remove flesh from avocados and mash in a small bowl with lime juice until smooth. To assemble, spread a teaspoon of avocado along base of each taco shell. Top with a tablespoon of prawns. Sprinkle with salsa. Arrange tacos either leaning against each other on a platter or on single serve plates. Squeeze juice from lime wedges over tacos and serve.