½ large eggplant, cut in 2 wedges
2 tsp miso paste
olive oil spray
60 g Doongara rice
2 x 125 g pieces MSA beef fillet steak
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 bunch fresh gai lan, trimmed, washed, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 red capsicum, cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan-forced). Line a shallow roasting pan with baking paper. Place eggplant in pan and brush miso over cut sides. Spray with oil and cook for 20-25 minutes or until eggplant is tender. Cover with foil if eggplant starts to burn.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to pack instructions. Drain well and set aside.
- Preheat the chargrill on medium-high. Season steak with pepper and spray with oil. Add to the grill and cook for 2 minutes each side, for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick wok on high. Add gai lum, garlic and capsicum. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add rice and toss to heat through.
- Serve steak with eggplant and the rice mixture.