¼ cup blanched almonds
2 tbsp instant coffee granules
2 tbsp water
200 g dark cooking chocolate, finely chopped
200 g milk cooking chocolate, finely chopped
150 g unsalted butter, chopped
¼ cup golden syrup
2 x 200 g packet milk chocolate-coated marshmallow biscuits with raspberry filling
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending 2cm above pan edges.
- Place almonds on an oven tray. Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 8 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Cool. Roughly chop.
- Place coffee and water in a medium saucepan over a medium to low heat. Stir until coffee is dissolved. Add both chocolates, butter and syrup. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- Arrange biscuits in a single layer over base of prepared pan. Sprinkle over almonds. Pour over chocolate mixture. Shake pan gently to ensure all biscuits are covered. Refrigerate, covered, for 6 hours, or overnight until firm.
- Lift slice from pan. Cut into fingers.