2 litre tub coffee-flavoured ice-cream
200 g packet chocolate cream-filled coconut sandwich biscuits (such as Kingstons)
350 g packet frozen chocolate cake
- Invert base of a 24cm springform pan (base measuring 22cm). Grease and line base and side with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above pan edge.
- Slightly soften ice-cream in a large bowl at room temperature. Beat ice-cream with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Place biscuits in a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Cut frozen cake into 5cm pieces. Place in food processor. Process to form fine crumbs. Add to biscuits. Stir to combine. Reserve 2 cups of the crumb mixture.
- Press remaining crumb mixture firmly over base of prepared pan. Spoon over ice-cream. Smooth top. Sprinkle over reserved crumb mixture. Cover. Freeze for 4 hours, or overnight until firm.
- To serve, remove side of pan. Remove and discard paper. Transfer cake to a serving plate. Stand for 15 minutes before cutting.