2 lamb backstraps cut diagonally into strips
1 tbsp shaoxing (chinese cooking wine)
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
½ tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp finely grated ginger (70 g)
1 red capsicum cut into thin strips
3 cloves garlic crushed
2 medium carrots peeled and cut into thin strips
4 green spring onions finely sliced diagonally plus extra to serve
1 ½ cups long grain rice steamed to serve
2 tsp cornflour
1 tbsp water
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp hot chilli sauce
- Toss lamb in wine, dark soy sauce and sesame oil in a bowl. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
- To make sauce, blend cornflour with water in a small jug. Stir in hoisin, oyster and hot chilli sauces.
- Heat 2 tbsp peanut oil in a large wok over a high heat. Add lamb in two batches and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden. Remove. Cover to keep warm. Clean wok with absorbent kitchen paper.
- Heat remaining peanut oil in same wok over a high heat. Add white onion, ginger, capsicum, garlic and carrots. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Return lamb and juices to wok. Add sauce and spring onions. Stir until sauce boils and thickens.
- Garnish with spring onion and carrot curls. Serve with steamed rice.