1 kg chicken breast fillets, trimmed, cut into 5cm pieces
2 Tbsp Moroccan spice blend
1 large red onion, cut into 1cm slices
2 bunches fresh baby carrots, washed, trimmed
1 ½ cups chicken stock
¼ cup white vinegar
2 Tbsp honey
250 g packet pearl couscous
100 g baby spinach leaves
- Toss chicken with seasoning in a large bowl.
- Heat an oiled, large, deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook, turning occasionally for about 4 minutes, or until browned all over. Remove.
- Add onion and carrots to the same hot pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until onion is soft.
- Stir in stock, vinegar and honey. Bring to boil. Stir in couscous. Arrange chicken over top. Cover with lid. Gently boil for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until couscous is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Add spinach. Cover pan. Cook for a further 2 minutes, or until spinach is just wilted. Stir into chicken mixture. Remove from heat. Serve.