6 x chicken Marylands (2 kg)
2 tbsp harissa paste
820 g can apricot halves in juice
180 g packet dry Moroccan chickpea hearty soup mix
2 red capsicums, deseeded, thickly sliced
2 medium zucchini, cut into 2 cm pieces
Cooked pearl couscous, to serve (optional)
Green olives, to serve (optional)
Fresh coriander, to garnish (optional)
- Rub chicken all over with paste combined with 1 tblsp vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, in two batches. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Transfer to a removable bowl of a 5 to 6-litre capacity slow cooker.
- Drain apricots through a sieve over a medium bowl. Set apricots aside. Add soup mix to apricot juice with ½ cup water. Stir to combine. Add juice mixture with capsicums to slow cooker. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low for 5 hours. Add apricots and zucchini. Cook for a further 1 hour, or until the chicken is tender and falling away from bones.
- Serve with couscous and olives. Garnish with coriander sprigs.