1 kg sweet potato peeled, cut into 3cm thick wedges
¼ cup olive oil (60 ml)
1 red onion quartered
100 g sachet Moroccan-flavoured couscous
500 g lamb mince
2 tblsps finely chopped fresh mint
1 cup Greek yoghurt to serve
¼ bunch fresh mint to garnish
2 roma tomatoes
- Toss potato in 1 tablespoon of the oil. Arrange in a single layer on an oven tray.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 30 to 35 minutes or until browned and tender.
- Meanwhile, toss onion and tomatoes with another 1 tablespoon of the oil. Arrange on a separate oven tray.
- Cook in same moderate oven (180C) for about 15 to 20, or until lightly browned and tender.
- Prepare couscous according to packet directions. Cool.
- Place mince and couscous in a large bowl. Finely grate ½ teaspoon rind from lemon. Cut lemon into wedges. Reserve. Add rind and mint to mince. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Shape evenly into eight patties, about 2cm thick.
- Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add patties in two batches. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked.
- Serve with potato, onion mixture, reserved lemon wedges and yoghurt. Garnish with mint leaves.