A mum has claimed that her young son was hospitalised after drinking ‘chemical’ tasting milk, which was purchased from Woolworths.
Mum Breanna has called on the supermarket giant to recall Breaka Chocolate Milk, saying her son became violently ill after consuming the popular beverage.
In a Facebook post to Woolworths, she writes: ‘Never again am I ever going to buy Breaka chocolate milk!
‘Bought this milk this afternoon at Woolworths ... made my 2-year-old son a bottle, he took a few sips & instantly started vomiting, went very lethargic & sleepy! Couldn’t even keep his eyes open, kept vomiting on himself in his sleep!
‘Before he had a drink he was very happy running around playing with his cousins! Nothing wrong with him whatsoever!
‘When his dad tried the milk it tasted like some sort of strong chemical! And very sticky in his mouth! My poor little baby is now at the hospital! I’m so angry!
‘Woolworths honestly needs to be a recall on this milk!’
Breanna went on to say that her son had been kept overnight in hospital, sparking concern from fellow social media users.
‘Thinking of you all. Hope little man feels better tomorrow. Scary though,’ said one. Added another: ‘Poor bubba,hope he gets better real quick.’
In a statement to New Idea Food, a Woolworths spokesperson says they're keen to speak to the customer about the incident.
'At Woolworths, we take food safety and quality seriously,' the spokesperson said. 'We encourage the customer to contact either the store or our Customer Service team so we can look into this further with the supplier.
'We are not aware of any further reports of a similar nature at this time.'