'I reported it just to let them know,’ she told the Mercury. ‘We weren't hurt, didn't eat it and it was still raw. I instantly just thought of a new mum steaming food for her baby who could of missed it or an elderly person.
‘I'm glad we were roasting them ... and not steaming, as we may of missed it also.’
Responding to the shocking claims, a Woolworths spokeswoman told the Mercury that the company took food safety ‘very seriously’.
‘We've seen the customer's report and we're looking into the matter in line with established procedures," the spokeswoman said.
‘We're unaware of any other customer reports of a similar nature at this time.’
New Idea Food has reached to Woolworths for further comment.
It’s the latest sewing needle scare since Australian strawberry farmers were crippled after metal needles were found in strawberries all across the country. The crisis saw Woolworths recall strawberries across Australian after a customer was reportedly rushed to hospital after swallowing a needle.
Main image: Facebook