'An X-ray shows it's not a needle lodged in her throat, we think there's something else that was stuck in the strawberry,' Skye’s stepfather told the Herald Sun.
'Maybe plastic or a toothpick. She's swallowed something, but we don't know what that is.'
Coles has confirmed they have police over the incident.
'We have worked with our strawberry suppliers to implement additional control measures to ensure strawberries are inspected before they are sent to supermarkets,' they told the Herald Sun.
'We have notified the police and will follow up with our supplier to investigate the matter.'
The latest sabotage scare comes after millions of strawberries were destroyed last year after a string of needle contamination scares.
Disgruntled farm picking worker My Ut Trinh, 50, has been accused of sparking the crisis - which lead to other copycat attacks - and was arrested in November.
She faces seven counts of contaminating goods with intent to cause economic loss.