‘But a few moments later I heard this horrible choking and coughing sound coming from him and I ran over, and opened his mouth and I could see a yellow Ooshie stuck at the back of his throat.’
Maggie said she quickly put her hand in the pooch’s mouth, and managed to ‘flick’ the collectable out of his mouth.
‘I didn’t even think, I just shoved my hand in there and got it out,’ she says. ‘Thinking about it now, I could’ve made it worse if I accidentally pushed it in and all the way down his throat. I was so lucky. But he was making these choking noises and I just panicked.’
On closer inspection, it’s clear to see that the Ooshie - Simba - had been half chewed by Giuseppe, which Maggie believes he would’ve no doubt ingested. The whole incident has lead her to issue a warning.
‘Ultimately it’s my fault because I should’ve been more careful, but please be mindful with Ooshies and pets,’ she says. ‘They’re so small and easy to miss - and this could’ve killed my dog. I was lucky.’