Now you can make one of your favourite desserts in cake form. This fun take on Neapolitan ice-cream takes only 30 mins to prep and there's no cooking needed!
200 g chocolate ripple biscuits
100 g unsalted butter, melted
3 tsp powdered gelatine
¼ cup cold water
500 g cold cream cheese, chopped
395 g can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ tsp strawberry essence
rose pink food colouring
1 tbsp Dutch cocoa
300 ml tub thickened cream, whipped
- Invert base of a 22cm round springform pan (base measuring 20cm). Lightly grease pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Process biscuits in a processor until finely crushed. With motor operating, add butter, processing until combined. Press evenly over base of pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- To make filling, sprinkle gelatine over water in a small heatproof jug. Sit jug in a small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until gelatine is dissolved. Cool slightly.
- Process cream cheese and condensed milk in same, clean processor until smooth. With motor operating, pour in gelatine mixture, processing until combined.
- Divide mixture evenly among three bowls. Add vanilla to one, essence and pink colouring to another, and sifted cocoa to remaining bowl. Mix well.
- Add one-third of the whipped cream to each bowl. Fold in until just combined.
- Alternately dollop large spoonfuls of each mixture over biscuit base. Using a spoon, swirl just the top of mixtures together to create a marbled effect. Cover. Refrigerate overnight, or until set.
- To serve, remove side of springform pan. Transfer to a serving plate.