This Nutella chocolate brownie recipe is true decadence! With a cream cheese swirl on top and a centre of Nutella goodness, this brownie tastes and looks good.
100 g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
100 g unsalted butter, chopped
⅔ cup Nutella or other chocolate-hazelnut spread
1 cup caster sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1¼ cups plain flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
½ tsp baking powder
Cream cheese swirl
250 g block cream cheese, chopped at room temperature
⅓ cup caster sugar
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 4cm above pan edges.
- Place chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a large saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in Nutella, then sugar until combined. Add eggs. Whisk until smooth.
- Add combined sifted flour, cocoa and baking powder. Stir until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Spread evenly into corners.
- To make cream cheese swirl, beat cream cheese and sugar in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of mixture over chocolate layer in pan. Using a fork, swirl mixtures together to create a marbled effect.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 35 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven. Cool in pan.
- Cut brownie into squares.