1 cup wholemeal flour
½ tsp baking powder
1 ½ cups rolled oats
½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
175 g unsalted butter, melted
3 nectarines, halved, stones removed, cut into thin wedges
⅓ cup shredded coconut
1 cup icing sugar mixture
1 ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 4cm above pan edges.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Return husks from sieve to bowl. Stir in oats and sugar. Add butter. Stir until combined.
- Press three quarters of the mixture over base of prepared pan. Spread nectarines over top.
- Combine remaining oat mixture with coconut. Sprinkle over the nectarines. Press down.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Leave in pan until cold.
- To make icing, place sugar in a bowl. Stir in enough juice until a pouring consistency.
- Lift slice out of pan. Drizzle with icing. Stand until set. Cut into bars.