6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp capers
4 cornichons, thinly chopped
4 anchovies, thinly chopped
4 green shallots, white part only, thinly sliced
½ cup frozen peas
1 clove garlic finely grated
finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
1 green chilli, thinly sliced
Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
1½ cups thinly chopped mint leaves
1½ cups finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
8 chat potatoes, cooked in skin, cut into 1 cm slices, warm
⅓ cup whole-egg mayonnaise
900 g piece ocean trout, skin on, pin-boned
3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
1 lemon cut into wedges to serve
- Put peas in a colander and run under hot water until defrosted. Drain and set aside.
- Combine garlic, zest, 3 Tbsp of the oil, capers, cornichon, anchovy, green shallot and chilli in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then stir in mint, parsley, and lemon juice.
- Put potato and peas in a large bowl and add mayonnaise. Toss well to coat, then season.
- Slice trout on an angle into 8 pieces. Season, then drizzle with 1 Tbsp of the remaining olive oil. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Cook trout for 2 minutes on each side or until golden but still a little rare inside.
- Put trout on serving plates and top with potato and pea salad. Grate over eggs and spoon over herb mixture. Serve with lemon cheeks.