Cake Bake Make's delicious Tim Tam cake is crunchy chocolatey goodness!
250 g butter
¾ cup cocoa powder
1 ½ cups self-raising flour
¾ cup caster sugar
¾ cup milk
6 Tim Tam biscuits, roughly chopped
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 ½ cups icing sugar mixture
1 tsp butter, softened
2 tbsp boiling water
5 Tim Tam biscuits to decorate
- Preheat your oven to 160°c and line the base and sides of a 22cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- Chop the butter into 8 pieces and place into a microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 1 minute on medium heat or until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Sift the cocoa and self-raising flour into a large bowl and add the caster sugar, eggs, milk, Tim Tam pieces and melted butter. Mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and place in the oven to bake for 40 minutes or until cooked when a skewer inserted into the centre of the cakes comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before carefully turning out onto a wire cooling rack.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, you can make the chocolate icing. Sift the cocoa and icing sugar together in a bowl.
- Add the softened butter and pour the boiling water directly over the butter.
- Use a small whisk, combine all of the ingredients until the chocolate icing is smooth and is a spreadable consistency. If you find your icing is still a little firm, add an extra teaspoon of boiling water.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the icing and place onto your cooled cake. Spread the icing out using a spatula or butter knife until the cake is covered. Roughly chop the remaining 5 Tim Tams and place on top of the cake to decorate.