Melted butter, for greasing
1 tbsp caster sugar
200 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
100 g butter
⅓ cup firmly packed brown sugar
⅓ cup plain flour
½ cup pure cream
1 tsp instant coffee granules
300 ml thickened cream, to serve
- Brush four ½ cup-capacity ramekins with melted butter. Spoon 1 tsp of the caster sugar into each ramekin and roll to coat. Shake out excess sugar.
- Put 100g of the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, taking care that base of bowl does not touch water. Stir until smooth.
- Put the butter and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour and stir until combined. Stir in melted chocolate. Spoon mixture into ramekins. Transfer to an oven tray and chill for 20 minutes or until mixture is firm.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Transfer chilled tray and ramekins to oven and cook for 15-18 minutes or until puddings are cooked on the outside and slightly soft in the centre.
- Meanwhile, put pure cream and coffee granules in a small saucepan over a medium heat until small bubbles form around edge of cream. Remove from heat and add remaining chocolate, and stir until a smooth sauce forms. Pour sauce into a serving jug.
- Turn puddings out onto serving plates. Serve with chocolate sauce and thickened cream.