800 g potatoes, cut into thin wedges
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 x 150 g beef rump steaks
8 slices bread, toasted
8 slices tasty cheese
120 g mixed lettuce leaves
1 cucumber, peeled into ribbons
50 g butter, melted
2 cloves garlic, crushed
¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- Toss potatoes with oil. Season. Spread over two oven trays.
- Cook in a very hot oven (240C) for about 25 minutes, or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, season beef with salt and pepper.
- To make garlic butter, place all ingredients in a bowl. Stir until blended.
- Heat a lightly oiled, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add beef. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Pour over half the butter. Remove pan from heat. Rest beef in pan for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
- To serve, spread remaining garlic butter over toast. Top with cheese and beef. Drizzle with beef resting juices. Serve with potatoes, lettuce and cucumber.