200 g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
1 ¼ cups caster sugar
3 tsps finely grated orange rind
3 eggs, at room temperature
⅔ cup orange juice
1 ⅓ cups self-raising flour
⅔ cup plain flour
finely shredded orange rind, to decorate
1 cup thick Greek yoghurt
½ x 250 g tub mascarpone
½ cup icing sugar mixture
- Grease a 22cm round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above pan edge.
- To make yoghurt mascarpone, place yoghurt in a sieve lined with paper towel. Sit over a medium bowl. Refrigerate, covered for 2 hours. Discard excess liquid in bowl. Transfer yoghurt to a large bowl with mascarpone and sugar. Whisk until smooth. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Beat butter, sugar and rind in a small bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add juice and combined sifted flours in two batches. Stir until combined. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth over top.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 1 hour, or until golden and cooked when tested. Stand for 10 minutes in pan. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To serve, spread yoghurt mascarpone over top of cake. Decorate with shredded rind.