2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
2 tsp cornflour
600 g lamb rump steaks, trimmed and cut into 2cm pieces
1 ½ cups long-grain rice
1 tbsp vegetable oil
200 g button mushrooms, quartered
300 g green beans, trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
⅓ cup oyster sauce
227 g tinned sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Blend soy sauce, wine and cornflour in a bowl. Add lamb. Toss to coat. Stand for 10 minutes. Drain lamb, discarding marinade.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to packet directions. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick wok over a very high heat. Add lamb in four batches. Stir-fry for about 4 minutes, or until browned. Remove. Wipe wok clean.
- Heat oil in same wok over a high heat. Add mushrooms, beans and capsicum. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes, or until almost tender.
- Return lamb to wok with oyster sauce and chestnuts. Stir-fry until lamb is hot.
- Serve stir-fry over rice.