375 g orecchiette pasta
200 g sliced pancetta
2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, cut diagonally into 4cm lengths
375 g punnet heirloom cherry tomato mix, halved
Salsa verde dressing
½ cup fresh basil leaves
½ cup fresh parsley leaves
2 tsp drained capers
1 clove garlic, crushed
Salt and pepper, to taste
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
- To make salsa verde dressing, process herbs, capers, garlic and salt and pepper in a food processor until finely chopped. With motor operating, pour in oil and juice until combined.
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain. Place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat a lightly oiled large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add pancetta in two batches. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until crisp. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Break into smaller pieces.
- Boil, steam or microwave asparagus until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Add to pasta with pancetta and tomatoes. Pour over dressing. Toss gently to combine.