1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
¼ cup red wine vinegar
200 g pane di casa bread, roughly chopped
¼ cup finely grated parmesan
8 slices pancetta, roughly chopped
6 Roma tomatoes, quartered
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup pitted mixed marinated olives, drained
½ cup torn fresh basil leaves
1 tbsp drained capers, rinsed and chopped
120 g baby rocket leaves
- Combine onion and vinegar in a large bowl. Stand, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- To make croutons, place bread on a large oiled oven tray. Sprinkle over parmesan. Arrange pancetta around bread.
- Place tomatoes in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place oven tray and roasting pan in same hot oven (200C). Cook bread and pancetta for about 15 minutes, or until crispy. Remove. Cook tomatoes for about 20 minutes, or until softened. Remove.
- Add remaining oil to onions with olives, basil, capers, croutons and pancetta. Season with pepper. Toss to combine.
- To serve, arrange rocket leaves on a serving plate. Top with onion mixture and tomatoes. Serve warm.