2 kg sebago potatoes
salt to taste
2 tsps ground paprika
1 tsp garlic salt
ground black pepper
⅓ cup vegetable oil (85 mls)
½ cup fresh parsley chopped to garnish
- Peel potatoes, then wash well. Cut into quarters.
- Place potatoes in a large stockpot and cover with cold water. Season with salt. Bring to the boil, then gently boil, uncovered, for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender. Drain well. Pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
- Combine paprika, garlic salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add oil and potatoes. Toss gently to coat.
- Heat an extra large roasting pan in a very hot oven (240C) for 15 minutes. Remove pan. Carefully add potatoes.
- Return to very hot oven. Cook for 30 minutes, turning potatoes halfway through cooking. Reduce oven to hot (200C). Cook for a further 20 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Season with salt.
- Garnish with parsley to serve.