250 g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
⅓ cup icing sugar mixture
¼ cup desiccated coconut
1⅔ cups plain flour
¼ cup cornflour
75 g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
1¼ cups icing sugar mixture
1½ tbsp fresh passionfruit pulp
- Beat butter, rind and icing sugar in a small bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy. Transfer to a large bowl. Add coconut and combined sifted flours. Stir until well combined.
- Roll 2 tsp of mixture into balls. Place about 3cm apart on three large oven trays lined with baking paper. Gently press a fork into each biscuit to flatten slightly.
- Cook two trays in a moderate oven (180C) for about 12 to 15 minutes, swapping trays halfway through, or until lightly browned. Cool on trays. Cook remaining tray.
- To make passionfruit filling, beat butter and icing sugar in a small bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in pulp.
- Sandwich biscuits together with passionfruit filling (about 2 tsp in each).