225 g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
½ cup caster sugar
1¾ cups plain flour
½ cup desiccated coconut
Icing sugar mixture, to decorate
2 cups caster sugar
½ cup fresh passionfruit pulp (from about 3 passionfruit)
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
⅓ cup lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
½ cup self-raising flour
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above pan edges.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add flour and coconut. Beat until just combined. Press over base of prepared pan. Smooth over top.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 20 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove. Cool in pan. Reduce oven to moderately slow (160C).
- To make topping, whisk eggs and sugar in a large bowl until combined. Whisk in pulp, rind and juice. Add flour. Whisk until smooth. Pour over base.
- Return slice to oven. Cook for about 50 to 55 minutes, or until topping is just set. Transfer pan to a wire rack. Cool completely in pan.
- Lift slice out of pan. Cut into bars. Dust with sifted icing sugar.