25 g unsalted butter, melted
2 tbsp caster sugar
2 egg yolks
⅔ cup fresh passionfruit pulp
¾ cup icing sugar mixture
4 egg whites, at room temperature
Sifted icing sugar mixture, to decorate
2 litre tub vanilla ice-cream
½ cup desiccated coconut, toasted
- Line a 14cm x 24cm large loaf pan with plastic wrap, allowing 4cm to overhang on long sides.
- To make coconut ice-cream, place ice-cream in a large bowl. Stand at room temperature to slightly soften. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in coconut. Spoon into prepared loaf pan. Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Grease six ovenproof dishes (¾-cup capacity) with melted butter. Coat base and side with caster sugar, tipping out excess. Place on a large oven tray.
- Whisk yolks and pulp in a large bowl until combined. Sift over cup of the icing sugar. Stir until combined.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until firm peaks form. Don’t over-beat. Stir quarter of the egg whites into passionfruit mixture. Gently fold in remaining egg whites until just combined. Spoon mixture evenly among prepared dishes.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C), on the lowest shelf, for about 8 minutes, or until souffles have risen.
- Dust souffles with icing sugar. Serve immediately with ice-cream.