1 kg Kent pumpkin, seeds removed, cut into 4cm-thick wedges
¼ cup olive oil
lemon wedges, to serve
½ cup Greek yoghurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
fresh mint leaves, to garnish
1 cup rice and quinoa blend, washed
2 cups frozen peas
100 g feta, crumbled
⅓ cup finely chopped fresh mint
3 green spring onions, thinly sliced
2 tbsp plain flour
1½ tbsp chia seeds
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make patties, cook rice blend according to packet directions until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool.
- Boil or microwave peas until tender. Drain. Mash with a fork. Cool slightly.
- Add peas to rice blend with remaining ingredients. Mix well. Divide into eight equal portions. Shape into patties. Refrigerate, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat pumpkin in 1 tbsp of the oil. Place on a large oven tray.
- Cook in a very hot oven (240C) for about 25 minutes, turning halfway, or until tender.
- Cook patties in two batches in remaining oil. Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to low heat. Add patties. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- Serve patties with pumpkin and lemon cheeks. Drizzle with combined yoghurt and juice. Season with pepper. Garnish with mint.