2 tbsp olive oil
2 onions finely chopped
2 tblsps chopped fresh thyme
250 g fresh chorizo finely chopped
1 tblsp moroccan seasoning
3 cloves garlic crushed
6 cups chicken stock
2 medium potatoes peeled and cut into 1cm cubes (450 g)
3 cups frozen peas
100 g baby spinach leaves
salt and pepper to taste
1 tub sour cream to serve
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over a medium heat. Add onions, thyme and half the chorizo. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 10 minutes, or until golden and tender. Add seasoning and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add stock and potatoes. Bring to boil. Simmer, covered, over a low heat for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Add peas and spinach. Simmer for about 2 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat a small non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add remaining chorizo. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until crisp. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Blend soup, in batches, until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Return to same clean stockpot. Stir over a medium heat until hot.
- Serve soup with sour cream and crispy chorizo.