600 g beef rump steak, thinly sliced
125 g punnet baby cornichons, quartered lengthways
2 carrots, peeled into ribbons
1 bunch fresh choy sum, trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths, stems and leaves seperated
6 green spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
⅓ cup smooth peanut butter
2 tbsp kecap manis
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
200 g packet dried medium flat rice noodles
lime wedges, to serve
- Heat an oiled wok over a high heat. Add beef in four batches. Stir-fry for about 1 minute, or until browned. Remove.
- Heat same oiled wok over a high heat. Add corn. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until almost tender. Add carrots and choy sum stems. Stir-fry until stems are tender. Add onions and choy sum leaves. Stir-fry until wilted. Remove.
- Cool wok slightly. Add peanut butter, kecap manis and sauce with 1/3 cup warm water. Stir until combined and hot. Return beef and vegetables. Stir-fry until hot.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to packet directions.
- Serve noodles topped with beef and vegetable mixture and lime wedges.