1 ½ cups frozen blueberries thawed
820 g canned pears in juice drained
¾ cup quick oats
10 sheets filo pastry sheets
100 g butter melted
double cream to serve
Salted caramel sauce
300 ml tub thickened cream
75 g butter chopped
1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
1 tsp sea salt flakes
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Gently boil, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Transfer to a heatproof jug. Cover.
- Meanwhile, place blueberries, pear slices, oats and 1/3 cup of the sauce in a large bowl. Stir until just combined.
- Layer pastry sheets together, brushing in between each sheet with butter.
- Spoon filling lengthways down the centre of the pastry, to form a log shape, leaving a 10cm border on long sides and 7cm on short sides. Fold in short sides, then starting at one long side, roll up to enclose filling. Place seam-side down on a large, greased oven tray. Brush with remaining butter.
- Cook in a hot oven (200°C) for about 30 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm strudel with warm sauce and cream.